Saturday, July 17, 2010

An Introduction

Hello everyone. Before I embark on my journey towards financial independence, let me tell you a little about myself and my reasons for setting up this blog.

I am a professional, working in at least four mid-scale locations eight hours a day, six days a week. Being in a field where income is erratic, I have somehow managed to get through financial difficulties, with most of my help coming from the vouchers of my partner and sister. I did not care much that my expenses were being subsidized, as I was concentrating on building and making a name in my chosen career even with little pay. Everything went ok, until one year ago.

My partner died and my sister contracted a serious disease. Suddenly I felt like my anchors were pulled off my feet. I found myself in serious debt soon enough, and virtually living a hand-to-mouth existence. My career has not taken off financially yet and it is barely sustaining my daily expenses. I could not get a loan because I do not own a property. Of course! I am still relatively new in my chosen profession! How frustrating!

I thought, I was working hard and I am in debt. My closest friends (for I find it too embarrassing to even talk about this to mere acquaintances) find it odd that I am going through this, and yet they understood how unrewarding most of our passions in life are. As for me, my goal in life is to live it, be able to do what I want, without having to worry about financial woes.

A few days ago, I woke up, saying, I want to rise above all these. I started searching for maverick means of claiming my independence.

It is for reasons of documenting my journey that I created this blog, which hopefully will also help you in the same financial situation as I am.

Let us learn together and get out of our financial quandaries. After all, we all deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment